The CoalSAFE Change-Over-Station is constructed from 5mm steel plate, with internal support wraps and surround package as standard. The intrinsically safe design features both a positive pressure entry and independent breathable air supply (high pressure compressed air cylinders), stored within the robust steel structure. After entering the main chamber area, miners may require a rest break or some time to wait for others and re-group before donning there SCSR’s and moving onto the next COS. In this instance, miners can activate the positive pressure system inside the main chamber.
The floor of the COS is manufactured from 6mm steel plate with tubular skids. Push points are provided top and bottom at both the front and rear of the unit, providing easy manoeuvrability within an enclosed space.
Other internal features include durable, ergonomically designed seating, dedicated storage areas for housing SCSR’s, and a communications port.
- Intrinsically Safe Design
- Breathable Air (O2) Supply
- Flushing Air Curtains/Airlocks
- Ample SCSR Storage
- 5mm Steel Plate Construction
- Viewing Porthole
- Communication Ports
- Pneumatic Strobe Lights & Warning Siren
- CO & CO2 Scrubbing (MARCis)
- Intrinsically Safe Air Conditioning
- Compressed Mine Air Filter Pack
- Emergency Escape Hatch
- Blast Rating Upgrade
- Blast Shield Protection
- Fire Extinguisher
- Manual Gas Monitoring Device