MineARC’s Rescue Dog Communication System comprises a surface controller, connected to one or more sub-surface receivers deployed throughout the underground mine environment. Providing survivable two-way communication free of antennas, amplifiers or line of sight, a single surface controller can support up to 16 sub-surface receivers, each operating on its own unique channel.
The Rescue Dog delivers TTE communication via bidirectional beacon text messaging between underground workers and surface rescue personnel. A proprietary communication protocol allows the user to select predefined text messages, with the option to have the protocol customised to meet the specific needs of a particular site, including multiple languages.
- No conventional infrastructure required
- Ability to communicate up to 1,500m (5,000ft) through rock
- Portable and lightweight at 10kg (22lbs)
- Robust design
- Simple and quick to mobilise
- Expandable – communication with up to 16 sub-surface receivers
- Can be configured for multiple languages
- Proven and tested in the mine environment