MINEARC LAUNCHES ‘SYSTEM INTELLIGENCE’; THE LATEST ADVANCEMENT IN SAFE REFUGE TECHNOLOGY
In response to client requirements for cost reductions, greater efficiency during servicing and improved operational safety, MineARC has developed a suite of technologically advanced products, collectively known as the MineARC System Intelligence package.
Designed to provide real-time monitoring, communication and system diagnostics, the Intelligence product suite provides significant cost saving advantages to sites, whilst taking standards in industrial safety to the next level.
MineARC System Intelligence ensures peace of mind by identifying faults or issues as they happen via an integrated network of proprietary MineARC technologies including the GuardIAN Remote Monitoring & Diagnostics System, Aura-FX Digital Fixed Gas Monitoring, MineARC Charger & Controller Systems and the Compressed Air Management System (CAMS).
REDUCES OPERATIONAL COSTS:
- Reduced servicing time
- Real-time troubleshooting, reducing maintenance staff down-time
- Advanced maintenance planning
- Extended calibration periods for gas monitoring
- Reduced gas sensor replacement costs
- Extended sensor life
- Faster and easier sensor replacement
- Lower energy costs through the optimisation of mine air usage
- Flood protection, eliminating costly chamber refurbishment
- Reduction in replacement parts due to theft
- Reduced service kit costs
- Streamlined purchasing process
IMPROVES OPERATIONAL SAFETY:
- Operational communication during emergency use
- Direct video and gas monitoring for evacuation planning
- Greater system automation for reduced risk of human error
- Centralised diagnostics and analysis of entire MineARC Refuge Chamber
- Programmable push email alerts for important refuge chamber events
- Voice prompting gas monitoring for chemical change-out and O2 regulation
- Air toxicity shut off prevents smoke and carbon monoxide ingress
- Increased monitoring ensures all critical components remain in chamber
- Reduced ‘out-of-service’ time for all refuge chambers
MineARC System Intelligence efficiently manages your refuge chamber fleet via an intuitive system that will monitor your vital operating systems, evaluate existing faults and immediately alert you of the status.
• Ensures all refuge chamber components are secure for emergencies
• Monitors chamber usage during standby
VOIP Video Phone
• Direct communications between all chambers within the fleet
Compressed Air Diagnostics
Series IV Operating System Diagnostics
• Diagnostics reporting
• Event notification to indicate scrubber activation
• Fault reporting including; scrubber, battery, temperature and inverter faults
Aura-FX Gas Monitoring Diagnostics
• Monitor up to 11 gases at any one time
• Real-time video feed
Easy Operations Management
• Direct visual communications
• Real-time diagnostic information
Plug and Play
• Web based interface, no client software installation required
• Expandable system; automatically detects new chambers as they are added
GUARDIAN REMOTE MONITORING & DIAGNOSTICS SYSTEM
GuardIAN is an independent system that continuously monitors all vital refuge operating systems. During standby mode GuardIAN checks for component faults and monitors refuge chamber usage or entry to the chamber.
GuardIAN’s secure online interface is hosted on an internal server within the refuge chamber so that no client software installation is required. The responsive webpage is easily accessible from any computer, tablet or smartphone and features a summary of your entire refuge chamber fleet and overall operational status, with the ability to drill down to a detailed report of each chamber.
OTHER MAJOR FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Internal motion activated IP camera to assist in evacuation planning
- Real-time, recorded video streaming
- VOIP video phone for face-to-face communication between the refuge chamber and surface
- Links to the MineARC Digital Controller, streaming system data, event logging and fault diagnostics to the surface control room(s)
- Email alerts and notifications sent to designated personnel
AURA-FX DIGITAL GAS MONITORING
MineARC’s new Aura-FX Digital Gas Monitoring System is a proprietary fixed gas monitoring unit, designed specifically for use in MineARC refuge chambers and safe havens.
A vast improvement on current digital gas monitors (DGMs) on the market, Aura-FX provides a refuge chamber specific solution to gas monitoring. Aura-FX has the ability to individually monitor up to 11 gases via a series of user-friendly, digital screens. Audible voice alarms will prompt occupants to replace scrubbing chemicals or adjust oxygen supply levels in the refuge chamber as required.
When utilised as part of the MineARC System Intelligence network, Aura-FX provides real-time gas monitoring data and analysis via the GuardIAN dashboard.
MAJOR FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Reduced calibration costs (12 months)
- Dedicated, reliable sensors, designed specifically for refuge chamber use
- Real-time gas monitoring with live analysis
- Intuitive scrolling digital display shows gas level trends
- Audible alarms and voice prompting
- Reduced risk of human error
COMPRESSED AIR MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Released to the market in 2015, the MineARC Compressed Air Management System (CAMS) is a dedicated air management unit designed specifically for use in refuge chambers. The unique air management system monitors and regulates compressed air flow into the chamber.
When utilised as part of the MineARC System Intelligence network, vital information relating to the integrity of the internal refuge chamber atmosphere is communicated in real-time via the GuardIAN dashboard. An increase in CAMS activity would indicate a breach of the refuge chamber seal, thus sending an alert to designated personnel that the chamber is compromised.